Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pietersen feels he is not good at T20

Kevin Pietersen, one of the most forceful strikers in world cricket, has admitted that he still needs to improve his skills in the Twenty 20 format of the game.

The flamboyant player was the most expensive player in the recently concluded season two of the IPL but had an unforgettable tournament, managing just 93 runs from 6 games at an average of 15.

He has made just one Twenty20 50 for England with an average of just 26.

I'm not very good at Twenty20 cricket, am I?" Pietersen said on the eve of the World T20 Championships in England.

But the lanky hitter has vowed to show the same big booming drives and huge sixes that he has showcased in the Tests or one-day games.

"The more you play T20 cricket the better you become and I haven't played a lot of it, and I'm not very good at it," he was quoted as saying by The Mirror.

"The more I play it though the more I'll catch up with my records in Test and one-day cricket definitely. I just know that I will get much better at it. I've worked out some new theories about how to go about my batting in T20 and that will make a difference, hopefully starting next week!" he said.